We appreciate that replacing lost items can be expensive, so hopefully the following information will help to prevent items from getting lost or finding any lost items.
The Lost Property office is based in the hut joined onto the Snack Shack and it is open before the start of school from 8.10am to 8.40am.
- Lost Property operates on a four week rotation which means that after the fourth week any unnamed items are disposed of.
- Students are advised to name all items so that they can be informed that they are in lost property and need to be collected.
- If parents wish to come to school to identify or retrieve items of lost property, they are welcome to do so during the following times: Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8.10am to 8.40am.
- Would parents please let us know in advance that they wish to come in.
In the unfortunate event that your child does lose something, they should:
- Visit the last area they were in. If the item is not there, they should retrace their steps and check all classrooms/areas that they have been in that day.
- If they have been unable to find their lost item, they should go to the Lost Property office to check whether the item has been handed in. Please note that sometimes, it may take a few days before lost items are handed into Lost Property office.
Lost property that is not labelled will be held for up to four weeks. At the end of this period, any lost property not claimed, will be donated to a local charity.
Please remember that we have approximately 1,500 students at KLB School. We cannot recognise items as belonging to a particular student if it is not labelled. Labelling of uniforms is very easy to do; there are sew-on or iron-on name tags, and marker pens for clothing. Simply writing your child’s full name, surname or initials on their uniform will help them to reclaim lost items. Labelling of shoes and trainers can be done with a good quality laundry marker pen or permanent marker pen, just remember that over time the writing will gradually fade.
We hope you find this information useful and thank you for your co-operation.